Ad

Monday 21 April 2014

THE WORLD MOURNS GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ

       The literary giant who won the 1982 Nobel Prize for Literature with his best selling,highly successful novel, 100 Years in Solitude is dead. His health took a turn for the worse in the mid-2000s,and he eventually give up the ghost a few days ago.
      In one of his interviews in his lifetime,he confirmed; ''I knew early enough that I have passion and talent for writing.I have always wanted to be a writer.Writing is the only profession that fascinates me.However,I never knew I would be this famous.''
      The man who has been described as ''the most accomplished storyteller and the master of magical realism'' took the literary world by storm with the publication of  100 Years in Solitude,a novel which sold well over 30 million copies in his lifetime,and has been translated to several languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment